"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Simple Chili



Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour

1 pound hamburger
1/4 small onion, chopped
2 tsps chili powder
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans chili beans
1/2 cup water
dash salt
dash pepper

In a sauce pan cook ground hamburger and onions.  Add salt and pepper.

When the hamburger is thoroughly cooked drain off fat.

Add the tomato sauce, chili beans and water into the sauce pan with the hamburger and stir.

Simmer over low heat for one hour.  Cover to reduce splattering.

Makes 6 soup bowl size servings.


We don't like our chili very spicy so more chili powder can be added to taste.  I also rinse out the pan before I add the drained hamburger back in to get rid of excess grease.  Sometimes I even rinse the cooked hamburger in the strainer before I add it back in.  That's a good idea if you're trying to be heart healthy.  And it doesn't affect the taste that I can tell.  This is one dish I can make fairly well.  There's not much I can do to destroy chili, ha.   .... New Cook On The Block


No comments:

Post a Comment