"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cheese Topped Hamburger and Potato Casserole


Prep Time:  15 minutes
Cook Time:  1 hour 15 minutes

Ingredients:

2 large baking potatoes cubed
1/2 pound ground hamburger
1 can condensed mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
Celery seed
Salt
Pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese

In a sauce pan cook the ground hamburger and onions until done.  Sprinkle salt and pepper into the mixture.

Grease a 9x9 inch casserole dish.

Combine the hamburger mix and the cubed potatoes.  Add the mushroom soup and water.  Sprinkle in the celery seed.  Mix and pour into the casserole dish.

Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.  Take off cover and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Makes 4 servings.

I use my Vidalia Chop Wizard to cube my potatoes.  I love it.  I just put the potato on the grate and push the lid down and I have cubed potatoes.  I also use foil to loosely cover my pan then I can reuse it to cover the dish when I put it in the refigerator.  Sometimes I make this dish without the cheese as my  hubby isn't fond of the cheese on top but I like it better that way.   .... New Cook On The Block

No comments:

Post a Comment