"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Monday, December 23, 2013

French Toast



Prep Time:  5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes

2 eggs
3 slices white bread
2 tablespoons water

Heat pan with a little bit of Crisco.  

Whip the eggs and water.

Dip the bread in the egg mixture coating both sides.

Fry in hot pan until brown on both sides.

Serve with butter, syrup or jelly.

Makes one serving.


Okay.  I know what you're thinking.  First I use water instead of milk.  We are lactose intolerant so we rarely have milk on hand.  To me the water works just fine.  I was told once to use one tablespoon of liquid for each egg.  Hence, the two tablespoons of water.

Second, you're thinking Crisco?  I like it better than butter.  The bread cooks evener and I like my French Toast crispy.  Now my husband likes his smashed!  But then everything has to be smashed for him, hamburger, eggs, anything that can be smashed with a spatula, ha.

So this is how I do French Toast.  I think it came out pretty nice and tasted good, too!   .... New Cook On The Block

No comments:

Post a Comment