"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Apple Salad



Prep Time:  20 minutes


5 apples unpeeled
3 celery stalks
1/2 cup Nut Topping (chopped peanuts & pecans)
3/4 or 1 cup Miracle Whip

Core the apple and chop it into little squares.
Dice the celery in little pieces.
Put the apple and celery pieces into a large bowl.
Add the nuts.
Stir in the Miracle Whip.  

Immediately store in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.

Makes 8-10 servings.


I use my Vidalia Chop Wizard to chop the celery and apples.  I use the little grid for the celery and the larger one for the apples.  Makes chopping a whiz.  You can also use whole pecans chopped up but I find the little bag of nut topping you get in the baking section at the grocery store works just as well and it is cheaper than whole walnuts.  The amount of Miracle Whip you use is up to you.  Just make sure all ingredients are covered.   .... New Cook On The Block

No comments:

Post a Comment