"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pork Loin Roast



Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1/1/2 hours


 2 pound pork loin roast
Greek Seasoning
1 tbsp flour
1/4 cup water
1 cooking bag

Sprinkle or rub Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning all over the roast.

Put 1 tbsp of flour into a Reynold's Cooking Bag and shake.  Add the water.

Place the roast inside the bag and lay in a 9x9 casserole dish.

Cut small slits in bag to release steam while cooking.

Put the tie on the bag and cut off any excess bag if the bag is too large.

Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer reaches 170 degrees.

Serves 4.

This was my first attempt at making a pork roast.  It tasted fine and I really liked the Greek seasoning although it wasn't seasoned all the way through the roast.  Not sure yet how to make that happen.  All in all it wasn't a bad first attempt.  The recipe is fine, I'm sure.  I remember my Mom made it this way once when she came to visit.  I would just have preferred it to be a little more seasoned.  My husband ate it so I guess that is a good sign that he thought it was good.   .... New Cook On The Block





No comments:

Post a Comment