"Whenever I try a new recipe I will post a picture (good or bad) and give you the recipe I tried. Hopefully, I will learn to cook and you will learn from my mistakes. Feel free to let me know what you think. Don't be shy. I can take it!" ...... New Cook On The Block - I'm learning to cook at home and learning to cook online

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Salmon Patties




Prep Time:  10 minutes
Cook Time:  10 minutes

1(14.75 oz) can salmon, drained.  Remove the skin and bones if desired
1/4 small chopped onion
4 saltine crackers, crushed into small pieces
1/2 tbsp Miracle Whip
1 tsp celery seeds
1 small egg
dash pepper

Preheat frying pan with 1/2 cup cooking oil.

In a medium bowl add egg, Miracle Whip, celery seeds, pepper and mix.

Mix in the onions and salmon.

Add the crushed crackers and mix until consistency to form a patty.

Form into small patties and place in preheated pan.  Fry approximately 5 minutes on each side.

Makes 6 - 7 small patties.


I like to crush my crackers in my hand and add them that way instead of turning them into crumbs.  I think the slightly larger pieces give the patties more flavor.   .... New Cook On The Block

No comments:

Post a Comment